Only one week until the NWCCC presents “Equity and Social Justice Plan: Its Effect on Construction and the Workforce” – have you registered yet? Over 50 of your peers from 17 organizations are registered to learn about the following topics:
- An Overview of King County’s Equity and Social Justice (ESJ) Plan
• Sandy Hanks, Sonia-Lynn Abenojar, and Alejandra Calderon
- Integrating ESJ into Capital Delivery and Construction Projects
• Faon O’Connor and Ann Grothe
- ESJ in Action – Construction Labor Agreements
• Joe Baca, Samantha Keahola, and Montoya Darby
- Beyond the Quota: Diversity in Construction, Building Trades and Apprenticeship
• Sakara Remmu
- Tour & Construction Overview – Brightwater Wastewater Treatment Facility
• Stan Hummel, Dave Johnson, and Matt Nolan
The program will be held next Tuesday, September 18th at the Brightwater Environmental Education and Community Center in Woodinville. Doors open at 7:30 with breakfast and great networking available. Program starts at 8:30 and concludes with lunch at 12:00. For those interested, a tour and construction overview of the Brightwater Wastewater Treatment Facility will be available immediately after lunch.
Don’t miss this great program and tour – register here!
2018 NWCCC Annual Conference, “Success Through Innovation and Technology“
Prepare yourself for a great 2019 by attending our final event of the year, “Success Through Innovation and Technology“. See several examples of new technology on tools, materials, and project data management. Hear perspective on where technology is taking the construction industry. Listen to several of our members share recent project successes involving innovation and technology.
We will pack a lot of ideas into the day for you to consider using on your next project, and you will get to network extensively with your peers to glean other opportunities for success.
To conclude the day, we will present our 2018 NWCCC Distinguished Project Awards to those members who exemplify project excellence from this past year. If you have been involved in a highly successful project this past year, please nominate the project for an award. Deadline for nominations is October 5th, and details for nominating your project are in the link below.
This event is being held on Tuesday, October 30th, at the Lynnwood Convention Center.
Cost for the event is $169 for 2018 NWCCC members, and $399 for non-members. Use the link here to register for this event.